Saturday 6 January 2018

OUGD503 - SB01 - EP Cover - Brief


OUGD503 

SB01


EP Cover - Brief

I was approached by the record label Vinetree to create an EP cover for Oliver Rees Debut release 'Lucid Dreams'.

The brief:

Hi Lorna good to be in touch its Dan so... 

Oliver Rees first EP Lucid dreams. The concept behind the whole EP is him living in a dream world as a fake gangsta. In the first Ep lucid dreams he's talking about a lot of grimy stuff right haha but in the awakening (ep number 2) he's going to have awakened to the fact that it was all a dream and in the real world there are consequences for every action.

So to summarise for the lucid dream ep cover i was thinking something along the lines of having a cartoon Oliver looking down a road that looks a bit hazy. Maybe a couple drug addicts on the side... gun in his left hand drugs in the other. 

But if that's not to your style I'm completely happy for you to have creative control over this but like i said no pressure in your own time its Christmas season so I'm sure you'll probably be really busy.

Good to work with you Lorna can't wait to see what you come up with


Honestly this brief is not my style at all but I was excited to have a go at designing a album cover. Dan's tone of voice was really casual throughout all of our communications and this suggested to me that I had quite a lot of freedom within the brief. 

My initial thoughts were to disregard the 'couple of drug addicts on the side'. I also considered collaborating with an illustrator. 

I now need to research the target audience for the EP and were the cover will be seen. 

No comments:

Post a Comment