Sunday 19 November 2017

OUGD504 - Module Evaluation


OUGD504


Module Evaluation



Studio brief one and two had very different outcomes. Both relied heavily on understanding the content and consumer. Research was crucial in both. In studio brief 1 I conducted a lot of research in production methods in order to make the product as cost effective as possible. However, I had little interest in the content of the book and relied on my client to provide the information. On the other hand, I conducted research on content, production and client in studio brief one as I already have an interest in the topic. I think the outcome of studio brief two is more developed and successful in comparison to studio brief one, which could benefit from more development. In the future, I will conduct more research on content. In industry, I may work in similar situations where I don’t have an interest in the subject matter but still want to produce an engaging piece of design.
Both studio briefs had a quick turnaround. This kept me motivated and I didn’t get complacent. Although both outcomes require more development. For studio brief one I would re-evaluate the stock I printed on and the material used for the cover. For studio brief two I would test the app on the consumer and make improvements from there.

Overall, I found studio brief two much more engaging. I enjoyed using new software’s and creating a working walkthrough. I found studio brief one rewarding as the outcome produced a physical object, however, I found choosing and justifying layouts and stock very dry.  

No comments:

Post a Comment