Thursday 3 November 2016

OUGD403 - Studio Brief 02 - Inspiration and Research



Inspiration and Research

For Studio Brief 02 I am designing a typeface called LOUD.

I have found images that I will use as a source of inspiration.














I went on to research artists and designers that produce loud and bold work.

David Carson

David Carson is an American Graphic Designer, Art Director and surfer. He is best known for his innovative magazine design, and use of experimental typography. His aesthetic defined the "grunge typography"







Carson's work uses simplistic type, he doesn't alter the appearance much and if he does the results are subtle. however, his layout are very energetic and inventive. I will consider Carson's style when creating my type specimen. I love his colour palette and the fact his work is experimental, it is still clean.


Morag Myerscough

Moran is part of the creative group, Supergroup London. She creates bold and colourful work on a large scale. She often uses type which contains no counters which creates bolder writing. Much of her work uses block colours. 







Most of Morag's work uses drop shadows to make her letters stand out even more and she only uses sans serif fonts which gives her work a modern and contemporary feel. The neon colour palette that Morag use will work well in my typeface.

No comments:

Post a Comment