Wednesday 10 April 2019

OUGD603 - Tea Packaging - Revisiting

OUGD603

Tea Packaging

Revisiting 


I have decided to revisit a brief I completed last year for the responsive module. I have chosen to look at the Starpack brief again. 

The brief: 

This brief is for the Student StarPack 2018 competition. The aim was to design and develop a prestigious range of luxury gift packaging representing metal as the primary material for a range of teas. Marriageability of the tins was essential. The end product had to be reusable and have shelf impact. 

I chose to create a range of metal tea tins that came with seed packets directly related to the flavour of tea within that tin. The tin, once the tea had been finished, could then be used as a plant pot to grow the seeds. 

This brief is a collaboration with level 5 Printed Textiles student Lucy Siviter. 

I am revisiting this brief because I believe the outcomes could be documented better. Currently, all images of the final product are mockups. Instead, I aim to create physical tins where I can be more creative with the lighting and props I use when photographing them. 




No comments:

Post a Comment