Thursday 14 February 2019

OUGD603 - Wonder book cover - Developments

OUGD603 

Wonder


Developments

initial sketches







I tried to create the cover on photoshop using a collage method. From afar I am happy with the outcome but if you were to zoom in the quality is quite bad and looks amateur.

To improve this i will try to illustrate it. This way I can add shadows and hopefully it will look less disjointed. 

I researched illustrators to see what style I would like to try to replicate.

Owen Davey 





Suzanne Diaz





Tishk  Barzanji







I selected a colour palette inspired by Suzanne Diaz's work




illustrated version



I am much happier with this version. After making a few adjustments to the design, like making the fridge handle silver with a reflection to make it more recognisable as a fridge. I showed this in a crit and the feedback was really positive. It is different from all of the space helmet themed designs, and it seems like something penguin would go for as the hand drawn style is apparent in every past children's cover.


No comments:

Post a Comment