Monday 5 November 2018

OUGD603 - Loved & Found - Initial Ideas

OUGD603

 John Lewis


Initial Ideas 


Theme for artwork
Leeds Night Life


Recently I have discovered an artist called Marynn.
She is a French illustrator that mixes photorealistic pencil drawings with bold, expressive illustrations

Her Bio:

Marynn is a French illustrator based in Biarritz, France. She has been drawing since she was young and later completed a Masters Degree with Honors from the ECV School in Visual Communication.After experiencing 2 years as a graphic designer in textile design she decided to go back to her first love, illustration. Her style is influenced by the rollercoaster of love and life, mixed in with the small details that everyday adventures bring. She explores the duality between youthful naivety and the reality of adulthood, using bold saturated impulsive colours contrasted against her black and white realistic style.

I really enjoy her style and have wanted to bring illustration into my work for a while. I see this John Lewis brief as the perfect opportunity to experiment with this style.





I also looked at other artists that work in a similar style, including Soey Milk.

Soey is an artist from Seoul, Korea. Her style is also photorealistic. I have mainly been looking at her graphite drawings.




Initial Sketches





Concept Image

I experimented with this base image, adding flowers, full coloured backgrounds and more expressive illustrations using ink. The image in the illustration was a photo of my friend on a night out. I decided to use this as it includes Loved&Founds target audience within the artwork.

The brief only asks for an initial concept image. This is the image I sent.

It also asked for a brief description:

My submission aims to illustrate the vibrant nightlife Leeds has to offer. The content is aimed at the massive student population based in the city and the social culture the students are part of.


No comments:

Post a Comment