Friday 25 January 2019

OUGD603 - Statement of Intent




Statement of Intent

Throughout this year, I would like to continue to keep my practice varied and try to avoid stylising my work as I feel like this will limit my job prospects and potentially lead to boredom. I will primarily be looking at illustration and branding while improving my understanding of typography and animation. I would also like to explore film making and photography as I feel like this will compliment my practice.
I aim to improve the presentation of my work by improving photography. I want all final outcomes to be of a high quality, industry standard finish. I feel like this is a weakness of mine and improving this will make a huge difference to the professional finish of my work.
My ultimate aim for this year is to create a well-rounded portfolio. I’m am aware that my current work focuses a lot on sport. This was not my intention, although it is a big interest of mine. This year I would like to try to create work that isn’t sport related as I am concerned this might pigeonhole me in the future.

I have selected briefs that fulfil all the areas I would like to work on and feel like they will create a well-rounded and varied portfolio that I have enjoyed creating.


No comments:

Post a Comment