Thursday 27 October 2016

OUGD403 - Studio Brief 01 - Logotype Final Crit



Logo Type final crit.

In response to my brief I have produced 5 logotype proposals for the rebrand of my given company. My company is an Estate Agency called Disanchor. My companies demographic is young professionals living in the city. The logo I have designed will appear on the shop front, leaflets, official documents, business cards and for sale signs as well as online and in local newspapers. 


I have used Futura for all of my designs as I think this type is most suited to my target audience as it is a fresh clean type. Throughout all 5 logo types I have considered the compositions, spaces, spacing and weight, however, some designs are more successful than others.



My first 3 designs, shown above, all use a variety of kerning, uppercase and lowercase and centring. The far right design uses italics. 




For my 3rd design I experimented with opacancy and colour. I have used uppercase on this design because I  think it is easier to read, I also think it is more apt to city living and modern housing. I liked this design although I think it may be more suitable for student lettings rather than young professionals. 


                         






The feedback I received on this idea was positive, however it was mentioned that the logo doesn't show much insight into the world of estate agencies. The logo seemed a bit simple in comparison to the role of an estate agent as moving house is quite a complicated ordeal. 


Finally, I presented my favourite idea to the group. In my opinion this is the most successful logo I have created and I think it works well in context but I was worried that the house that substitutes the A was gimmicky.











I am please with the response I received on this logo. My group agreed that the logo works well in context. Other comments I received where that the logo looked clean and fit for purpose. It looks young and is appropriate for the demographic. It clearly shows a service not a product. The line that goes around the logo was well appreciated, it was said that the line represents consistency and the flow of the line represents a clean journey from start to finish. The design also looks trust worthy. I am very happy with the feedback I have received, especially in comparison to my first crit. I think that the logo I have created is fit for purpose.





No comments:

Post a Comment