Tuesday 13 December 2016

OUGD404 - Colour Swatches


OUGD404


Colour Swatches


To create my colour swatches I took photographs of Leeds. I chose my favourite photo and picked out certain colours within the picture. 


I matched the colours chosen from the photo to the colour wheel.



None of the colours from my swatches are primary colours or the 12 purest and brightest colours. The majority of the colours are close to the centre of the circle. This shows that the swatches are shades of the hue. There is only one colour which is a tint. The colours chosen from the colour wheel muted and dull which reflects the whether in which the photo was taken. The blues creates a tranquil and relaxed mood and the overall colour scheme is very neutral and organic.




The swatches work together successfully. They compliment each other well and none are harsh or clashing. In my opinion the grey and dark brown are the least successful pairing, however both shades of green work well together and the blue and cream are also well matched. 

No comments:

Post a Comment